Not only are these pancakes good for your heart, they are also packed full of protein! Pancakes and topping combined, this recipe is a food diary winner.
Recipe makes 2 servings of 2 thick pancakes and contains 25g of protein per serving.
For the pancakes:
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- ½ cup low fat cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil or cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
For the topping:
- 1 cup of low fat Greek yoghurt or natural yoghurt
- A drizzle of maple syrup (optional)
- A small handful of strawberries or blueberries or half a banana (optional extras)
- A small handful of nuts or seeds (optional extras)
1. Add the oats, eggs, cottage cheese and vanilla extract into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Once smooth, gently stir in the blueberries.
3. Add the olive oil or cooking spray to a pan over a medium heat. Once the pan is hot, spoon 2 tablespoons of pancake batter per pancake into the pan.
4. Cook for 2-3 minutes on one side before flipping the pancake and repeating on the other side.
5. Once golden and slightly crispy at the edges, they are cooked!
6. Top with a tablespoon of Greek or natural yoghurt, a drizzle of maple syrup, fruit of your choice and a sprinkling of nuts or seeds.